Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q. When is the bill due?
- A. By 4:00 PM on the due date listed on the bill.
- Q. What is my account balance?
- A. Please call the office during business hours to get the balance on your account, 626-797-1138. DO NOT attempt to have a conversation through the door or ask to enter our office.
- Q. How is the water company reponding to the Covid-19 situation?
- A. We are commited to provide uninterrupted service through the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, no In-Person customer service without prior appointment. Masks are required while on our premises. Click here for more information.
- Q. What are the office hours?
- A. Monday – Friday, 7:30 – 4:00, closed for lunch 12:00 – 12:30. The Holiday Schedule can be seen on the Contact page.
- Q. NEW! Does the water company have an electronic statement option?
- A. Yes, we have just added an "Online Bill and Account Portal" option effective August 1, 2020. Please open this letter to see the instructions to register. Then go to lasfloresviewmybill.net link to begin registration or to access your activated account.
- Q. NEW Payment Option! Can I pay with Direct Debit from my bank account?
- A. Yes, we have just added that option effective July 1, 2020. Please click on this link to open the PDF application.
- Q. I signed up for Direct Debit. Why am I getting a bill?
- A. If you have signed up for Online Bill and Account Portal, you will continue to receive a paper bill. Your bill will have the words "Paid by Draft" indicating that you have signed up for Direct Debit. Please make sure that the bill is correct and there are no errors/disputes in the charges. Direct Debit will occur on the 21st of every month. This gives customers ample time to file grievances or dispute charges.
- Q. There is no return envelope included with my bill?
- A. You have signed up for ACH Direct Debit scheduled for the 21st of every month. No separate payment is required to be sent.
- Q. I signed up for Direct Debit, I do not have enough funds in the bank to cover my bill. What do I do?
- A. You can make a payment in the office before the 21st. If this is going to be an ongoing issue, please contact office staff to remove you from ACH Direct Debit payment option. Any NSF charged by the bank will be billed to customer.
- Q. SOFTtelPay is charging me a fee?
- A. SOFTtelPay will charge a convenience fee. In addition to paying your bill, you will be able to get current balance information and view the amount & date of your last payment. Below is the fee structure:
|$00.00 - $30.00
|$30.01 - $60.00
|$60.01 - $90.00
|$90.01 - $120.00
|$120.01 - $150.00
|$150.01 - $180.00
|$180.01 - $210.00
|$210.00 & Above
|(SOFTtelPay is a third party provider and Las Flores does not collect any of those convenience fees charged.)
- Q. When is a late fee assessed?
- A. When the unpaid balance on the account is $25 or over at the new billing cycle, the software automatically assesses a $10 late fee.
- Q. I paid my bill. Why doesn't my payment show on the new statement?
- A. Payment was received after statement was prepared.
- Q. My bank shows that payment was sent on time. Why is it not posted in my statement? Why is there a late fee?
- A. We do not receive electronic payments. When payment is processed through you online bank's bill pay, they send us a check in the mail. Please allow for postage delivery and possible delays while processing payments through your bank to avoid late fees.
- Q. Can you call me when you receive my payment?
- A. No. If you have sent payment and we have not received it to date, it is customer's responsibly to followup with the office if payment has been received.
- Q. Can I request my late fee be reversed?
- A. We can do ONE courtesy reversal in a 12-month period.
- Q. My bill is higher than expected, but I made no changes. What are some reasons?
- A. There is a leak on the property.
- A. Change to household, like a new member in the family home.
- A. Meter was misread. Call office and ask for another meter reading.
- Q. I did not receive my previous bill, now there is a late charge! Why?
- A. All billing statements are mailed within the first week of every month. Las Flores Water is not responsible for lost mail or delivery errors. Customer is responsible to call the office to get current bill and make timely payments to avoid late charges. Failure to receive bill does not waive past due penalty.
- Q. How do I get copies of all my bills/statements for my taxes?
- A. Request for archived bills must be made before Jan. 31st. Usage and bill totals will be mailed. DO NOT come to our office to pick up statements.
- Q. I had a leak at my property that has since been fixed. I received a very high bill. Can I get a discount/waiver/credit?
- A. We do not offer any discounts for known/unknown leaks. All maintenance inside the property is owner's responsibility. Owner/occupant is responsible for all units of water that passed through the meter.
- Q. What is included in the service charge in my bill?
- A. Service fee includes all fixed expenses - Cost to maintain the pipes, employee salaries, office expenses, utilities, insurance etc. that is incurred by the company whether you use water or not. Even if your property is vacant and water is turned off you will still receive a bill for $28.88 every month.
- Q. What if I need financial help durning COVID-19?
- A. We are committed to helping customers during COVID-19. In addition to other
important efforts, we have suspended shutoff of water service. We understand that some of our
shareholders may have trouble paying their bill on time due to COVID-19. If you are having trouble
paying your bill, please contact the office to arrange a payment plan. Once the payment plan is in place,
late fee charges will be waived. Without the payment plan, late fees will continue to be
assessed to delinquent shareholder accounts. It is important that payment plans are put in place and
that we receive payment of at least the monthly service charge each month. This amount is $28.88
- Q. What do I do if I have a leak?
- A. If you know the location of the leak, please call a plumber to fix it. If you need assistance in locating the leak please call office, 626-797-1138 to schedule an appointment with a technician. Our technician WILL NOT enter inside your house or yard. We will attempt to locate the leak by studying the meter movements.
- Q. I need the water turned off for repairs.
- A. If you need the water turned off at the meter utilizing Las Flores' valve please call the office and schedule the turnoff. DO NOT turn off water at the meter using our valve. If our meter valve is damaged you will be charged you for replacement parts and labor.
- Q: I need a fire-flow form for home addition/remodel permit. How do I get that from LFWC?
- A: Please complete Page-1 of Form 195 (Fire Flow Availability for building permit). Page-2 will be filled out by LFWC. Include a postage paid return envelope & $100 fire-flow test fee. Your account must be in good standing without any Past-Due Balances. Form 195 is available from the LA County Public Works or Fire Department.
- Q. How much is 100 cubic feet of water (HCF)?
- A. 748 gallons.
- Q. How often is the water tested?
- A. We have several testing sites, including the wells and reservoirs that are tested every Monday. Lead and Copper tests are conducted every 4 years. Please let us know if you would like to volunteer as a testing site.
See our Annual Water Quality Report - 2019 - New Format.
Shareholder and Ownership:
- Q. When is the monthly board of directors meeting?
- A. Usually the third Monday of the month, except August. Please call to obtain prior approval to make a presentation. See Company page for schedule.
- Q. When is the annual shareholders meeting?
- A. Third Monday of March at 7:00 PM and is open to the public. See Company page for schedule.
- Q. My house is going to be tenant occupied. What do I have to do?
- A. Let us know before tenant move in date to close service in owner's name and start service in tenant's name. Hold sufficient deposit to cover closing water bill (especially in case of evictions).
• Owner will be held responsible for any of tenant's unpaid bills.
• Have tenant contact us to enroll for new water service.
• Let us know at least 1 week in advance if tenant is moving out. Have tenant contact us to give forwarding address/email for closing bill.
- Q. I am selling my house. How do I turn off service?
- A.Please notify your agent/Escrow company to contact us. Your stock in Las Flores Water Co. needs to be transferred to the new owners. Escrow needs to reserve funds in the Escrow a/c for final bill and stock transfer fees($75). We send final bill to escrow officer as of the date of closing. We will need a copy of Grand deed with new owner information to turn on service and issue new stock certificate.
- Q. I can't find my Stock Certificate. What do I do?
- A. Certificates are located in our office.
- Q. How many shares do I have in the company?
- A. Your bill will have a "Stock Credit" line item. You get $1 credit for each share (Eg. $2 credit = 2 shares).
- Q. I inherited the house. How do I transfer the account to my name?
- A. Bring grant deed showing the new owner's name in the title along with death certificate if applicable.